Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mensuration....

My maid has hepatitis, so she's resting. This means in spite of a humungous amount of paper correction, the kitchen is my domain. Hmm....I overcome this difficulty by nibbling on Parle Digestive Marie and adipose cell enlarging banana chips. Voila....no cooking. :)

***

Freshly grated ginger added to tea makes for a divine combination. And that's what I set out to brew. 2 tsp tea + 1 tsp sugar + 4 cardamoms + etc. etc. Sigh.

If you look at cook books today, the art of cooking has been reduced to a chemistry experiment. We are assaulted by all sorts of measures - tsp, tbsp, 1/2/3 cup + ml + grams + etc. etc. Did our grandmothers and mothers cook like this? What happened to intuition?

***

Some water + a handful of tea leaves + some sugar + some spices + etc. etc. :) Now I am happy with my intuitive cup of tea.

Inspired, mensuration free cooking...here I come.... :P

***

Thought for the day :

We are so caught up with measurements, that we tend to forget what we are measuring.

1 comment:

Brown Weed said...

i loved your thought at the end. we are always so involved with the outcome that we miss out on where we are.

mumygam mumygam mumygam! (that's the verification word thing uncle google has asked for) mumygam!!