Thursday, August 25, 2016
Friday, March 04, 2016
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Friday, September 18, 2015
A random what's app message from an ex colleague asking for an opinion about a poem (nothing was divulged about its origin) resulted in my editing/reworking/fooling around with the initial text at her behest.
The before and after follow :-
Wave by wave, the water hits my skin
Crashing into me, taking me down
My thoughts are scattered with every blow
Peace fills me up even as I drown.
Happiness is a distant goal
Life is a winding labyrinth
Day by day, I'm picked apart whole
My conscience the only constant
Questions go unanswered, dreams have me on the hook
The rat race makes me question my ability
Will this tide ever guide me?
Will it ever save me from onlooker's pity?
I realise there's no need to fight, a burning fire consumes me.
Change comes from within, evolution the only way to survive
I embrace my problems, become one with them.
I've never been so clueless yet never been so alive.
Wave upon wave.
Salt water on skin.
Forming a skein,
Scramble. Surge. Storm.
The eighth habit.
The law of attraction.
Life; a pecsniffian Janus.
A tenuous tether.
The high seas.
Dreams; a mirage.
Clueless. Calm. Convenient.
Salt water on my skin.
Definitely not a poet.
Friday, September 11, 2015
Saturday, December 20, 2014
The 2015 "Executive" diary has already arrived. It's strictly for work engagements. Personal goals seem to be rather obscure; other than the mundane '"let's be happy and healthy" chorus.
A summary of 2014 would read something like this :
- January and February were dedicated to work.
- March, April, and May were a paper correction and work haze.
- June whizzed by, and I seem to have absolutely no memory of it.
- July, August, and September were work again. Very HARD work.
- October and November were a commingling of memory, desire and examination anxiety.
- December brought an examination adrenaline rush, and now there's more to be done on the academic and work front before the curtain falls.
Friday, July 04, 2014