Semolina or Rawa Cake
Semolina/Rawa - 1 cup
Yoghurt/Curd - 1 cup
Castor Sugar/Powdered sugar - 1 or 3/4 cup (to taste)
Clarified butter/Ghee or Oil - 4 tbsp
Saffron - 1 gram or two pinches (optional)
Cardamom/Elaichi powder - 2 pinches (optional)
Nutmeg/Jaiphal powder - 2 pinches (optional)
Vanilla extract (NOT essence) - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cooking soda - 1/2 tsp
1. Grease a six inch bundt tin with clarified butter and keep it aside.
2. Mix the semolina, yoghurt, clarified butter, sugar, saffron and nutmeg and cardamom powder. Ensure that there are no lumps. Keep it covered for half an hour to forty five minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
4. After forty five minutes add the vanilla extract, and the baking and cooking soda and mix well.
5. Bake immediately for thirty minutes or till done. The edges should brown slightly.
6. Cool on a wire rack and unmould in fifteen minutes.
The cake tastes great both warm and cold. You may add chopped dry fruits if you so wish.